Additional benefits and programs
As an LGHIB Medicare Advantage plan member, you get some great extras at no additional cost when your coverage begins.
With Virtual Doctor Visits, you’re able to live video chat with a provider from your computer, tablet or smartphone — any time, day or night. Learn more about Virtual Visits
Virtual visits may require video-enabled smartphone or other device. Not for use in emergencies.
Introducing Renew Active®, the gold standard in Medicare fitness programs for the body and mind, at no additional cost to you.
Renew Active includes:
- A free gym membership at a fitness center you select from our large nationwide network, including many premium gyms.
- Thousands of on-demand workout videos and live streaming fitness classes.
- Social activities at local health and wellness classes and events.
- An online Fitbit® Community. No Fitbit device is needed.
- An online brain health program with exclusive content for Renew Active members through AARP® Staying Sharp®.
Participation in Renew Active® is voluntary. Consult your doctor prior to beginning an exercise program or making changes to your lifestyle or health care routine. Renew Active includes standard fitness membership and other offerings. Fitness membership equipment, classes, personalized fitness plans, caregiver access and events may vary by location. Certain services, classes, events and online fitness offerings are provided by affiliates of UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or other third parties not affiliated with UnitedHealthcare Participation in these third-party services are subject to your acceptance of their respective terms and policies. AARP® Staying Sharp® is the registered trademark of AARP. UnitedHealthcare is not responsible for the services or information provided by third parties. The information provided through these services is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for the advice of a doctor. Gym network may vary in local market.
With the Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), provided by Lifeline, help is a button push away.
- In-home medical alert monitoring system
- Quick access to help in any situation whether an emergency or you just need helping hand
- Helps give member confidence and independence
You must have a working landline and/or cellular phone coverage to use PERS.
With UnitedHealthcare Healthy at Home you are eligible for the following benefits up to 30 days following all inpatient and skilled nursing facility discharges*:
- 28 home-delivered meals through Mom's Meals® when referred by a UnitedHealthcare Engagement Specialist
- 12 one-way rides to medically related appointments and to the pharmacy when referred by a UnitedHealthcare Engagement Specialist
- 6 hours of in-home personal care provided through a CareLinx professional caregiver to perform tasks such as preparing meals, bathing, medication reminders, and more. A referral is not required.
*A new referral is required after every discharge to access your meal and transportation benefit
Rally Coach™ programs can help you start living a healthier and happier life. These virtual coaching programs are available to you at no additional cost and include the following.
- Real Appeal®*, an online weight loss program proven to help you achieve lifelong results, one step at a time (includes a diabetes prevention program for those who qualify) *
- Rally Wellness Coaching, which helps you get healthy your way by providing 24/7 access to digital health and wellness courses as well as personalized coaching support via online chat or phone calls
- The Quit for Life® Tobacco Cessation Program, which gives you the support you need to quit all types of tobacco use
* Real Appeal Weight Loss is available at no additional cost to those with a BMI of 19 and higher. If you are pregnant, please speak with your primary care physician before joining the program.
Refer to your Evidence of Coverage for program eligibility requirements.
Rally and the Rally logo(s) are registered trade and service marks of Rally Health, Inc. ©2021 Rally Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Hear the moments that matter most
With UnitedHealthcare Hearing, you can receive a hearing exam and have access to a wide selection of name-brand and private-labeled custom-programmed hearing aids at significant savings. Plus, you’ll receive personalized care and follow-up support from experienced hearing providers, helping you to hear better and live life to the fullest.
- Get access to one of the largest national accredited networks of more than 7,000 hearing providers*
- Choose latest technology hearing aids from major manufacturers, including Phonak, Starkey®, Oticon, Signia, ReSound, Widex® and Unitron™
- Receive hearing aids in-person or delivered directly to your doorstep with virtual follow-up care, available only through UnitedHealthcare Hearing**
- Save thousands of dollars, up to 50%–80% off standard industry prices, with exclusive pricing ***
* Please refer to your Summary of Benefits for details on your benefit coverage.
** Select products only.
*** Hearing aid savings based on comparison to retail.
Network size varies by market. Other hearing exam providers are available in the UnitedHealthcare network. The plan only covers hearing aids from a UnitedHealthcare Hearing network provider.
When you use one of the approved meters and corresponding strips, your cost-share for diabetes testing and monitoring supplies is a $0 copay.
These supplies also include any brand of lancets, lancing device, glucose control solution (to test the accuracy of your meter), and replacement batteries for your meter.
To switch to one of the preferred brands, you may be required to get a new prescription from your doctor. A temporary supply of your current brand can be requested.
Benefits, features and/or devices may vary by plan/area. Limitations and exclusions apply.